July 26-28, 2019All day
Kindred Gathering 45 will be held on the 45th parallel, 20 miles east of Salem, Oregon, at Sanctuary Farm, 3010 Porter Rd NE, Silverton, OR 97381.
July 26 (Friday) – July 28 (Sunday) 2019
Early entry Thursday; Late check-out Monday AM
Cost: This fabulous weekend is FREE, but donations are always welcomed to ensure KG continues.
Lodging: We convene at Sanctuary Farm, a former “tree farm gone amok” which sits at 1200 feet overlooking spectacular views.
- A timber-built vaulted-roof concert area – excellent acoustics & electricity
- A small house with kitchen and two bathrooms
- One bedroom with double bed (notify Jane if you need this)
- Another bedroom for instrument storage
- Barbeque (we’ll bring briquettes)
- Grassy tent camping sites
- Deck off lower meadow with bucolic view of Mt. Hood
- Large open area for car camping, RVs (no hook ups), adjacent to concert building & the Den of Iniquity
If you prefer motel accommodations our hosts suggest Silverton Inn & Suites (503-873-1000). Silverton is the closest city and includes various lodging options and a large grocery store (Roth’s). Silver Falls state park was the site of KG 27 and features a famous hiking trail with 10 waterfalls on a 7 mile loop. (Day use fee is $5.00).
... and remember – YOU are the Entertainment:
- Workshops are taught by YOU! Some of the best-attended workshops
are presented by and for “beginners”
- Saturday Night Concert: Showcases your music on a Bose system for
a local audience. Always unique lighting!
- Use the Giant KG Schedule, sign up to teach – don’t be shy.
Cuisine: Bring what you need to be comfortable and things to share. There’s a dishwasher (ooh), but only a small family fridge so bring coolers. Plan to be on your own for breakfast and lunch. (You all know this means a motley crew will do brunch to serve those in need...)
There will be two planned dinners for you to riff on:
Friday Night in the key of M (Mexican) – beans provided + your contribution
Saturday Night in the key of C (Cajun-Southern) – pulled pork + your contribution
Please bring recognizable/reusable plates/cups/utensils. We WON’T have a fire pit. Minimize paper trash. In the end, we all leave KG well fed.
That’s good enough, isn’t it?
Please honor our gracious hosts Charlie and Sandy by respecting three wishes:
Leave dogs and cats at home as there is one of each in the big house. The dog is very good with humans, but very
territorial/aggressive with other canines.
Due to fire danger, smoking only in designated area. Take all trash which can’t be composted; plan to take a bag home if
you live nearbyQuestions: Terrance & Jane 503-222-1789 until 7/25/19 AM.
Alt: Robert 360-774-6117
Bring flash & camp lights, chairs
Some cell service is available
Our hosts suggest NOT using Mapquest or usual route-finding options
Here are their instructions:
- From Interstate 5 (north or south) take exit #271 marked Woodburn/Silverton.
- Head east to Silverton via highway 214. Keep on 214 through Woodburn.
- Continue on 214 to the quaint Bavarian SPEED TRAP of Mt. Angel.
- Continue on 214 (requires a slight left) into Silverton. Go 5 miles.
- In Silverton ? left on Water St. Go 5 miles following signs to Silver Falls State Park.
- At mile 5 hit Powers Creek Loop Road ? left on Powers Creek Loop Road.
- Then go up hill to Porter Road and turn right.
- We are the 4th driveway on the left.
Watch for KG paper plates !
The map shows the hosts’ directions, which will work whether you come from the north or south on I-5. (If you’re coming from the south, however, you might consider a route which may be a bit quicker: Take exit #256 just north of the main Salem exit and merge onto OR-213 north (Market St NE) toward Silverton. In Silverton, you’d make a right turn in order to follow the above directions to the site.)
For the latest Kindred Gathering info, remember to go to: